Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation
Dedicated to the Notion that Healthy Smiles Matter. As an oral health leader in Colorado, the Delta Dental Foundation strives to create innovative programs with measurable results.
Mission: Eradicate tooth decay in Colorado’s children.
In the last decade, we’ve worked to understand the oral health needs of our state and supported opportunities to provide needed services. We’ve helped increase the understanding of the importance of oral health with the philanthropic, public policy, medical and oral health communities.
We maintain a passionate belief that, because almost 100 percent of oral disease is preventable, the work we are doing can and will result in healthy smiles and better health for all Coloradoans.
In addition to the public education campaign for new mothers and pregnant women, programs sponsored by Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation include:
- The Children’s Hospital Dental program received a grant to design a prevention-oriented dental clinic that serves high-risk young children and to serve as a training ground for medical and dental students to learn early oral health interventions.
- The Cavity Free at Three project is a powerful example of what can be accomplished when leading health foundations collaborate in an effort to bring preventive dental services to young children in underserved areas. This project is dedicated to ensuring that all Colorado children are cavity free.
- Chopper Toppers Sealant Program. With Kids in Need of Dentistry (KIND), The Foundation has increased the number of metro Denver children that receive cavity preventing sealants at their school.
- The Delta Dental Frontier Center provides education to dental and medical students at the University of Colorado on the important connection between oral and systemic health.
- The Hygienist Co-Location project evaluates the impact of providing preventive oral health care for children within primary care settings.
- Bright Smiles for Bright Futures –Xylitol Evaluation is a pilot project that tests the effectiveness of a Xylitol intervention in reducing cavities for low-income pregnant women and their children.
- Smile-a-bration has provided $2 million worth of dental care for more than 10,000 uninsured children in Colorado.